Monday, March 2, 2009

The adventures of Yahoo



In 2007, I moved from North County to downtown, when I founded Metropawlitan Dog. One of my biggest concerns was how my 80lb Newfoundland Mix, Yahoo, would adapt. Since I adopted him (8 years ago), he has had the run of a 2,000 square foot house with a yard. In addition, our neighborhood was full of dog friends. There were open spaces, beaches, trails and a lot of rabbits to chase.

Since living downtown, my dog has had more fun than he ever had in the suburbs. Why? Well, what I found is that living in the city is very dog friendly. It allows you to develop a stronger relationship with your dog. When you live in a house, you can get away with not taking your dog out for a walk. In the city, there are no excuses...you have to walk your dog. What I found is when you walk your dog... that this is when the fun begins!

I decided to share my dog friendly finds in San Diego, focusing on the downtown area. These are places that you can go to everyday with your dog. The focus is integrating the time you spend with your dog into your everyday life. I think you will be surprised at all the places you can take your dog with you in the downtown San Diego area.

Labels: , ,