Friday, September 18, 2009

Welcome Louie, our newest student!


Today, I had the pleasure of picking up our newest In Kennel Training client, Louie, a 6 month old pit bull who has some issues his parents couldn't overcome. You see, despite being only 6 months old, not so little Louie is suffering from severe human and dog aggression. To give you an idea, when I went to pick him up today, Louie tried with all his might to take a bite out of me just to get me to leave him alone. He was tenacious in his aggression - I'm sure I will be bruised from the number of "muzzle punches" I took to the stomach :-) But underneath Louie's tough exterior is a scared little guy just trying to defend himself from the world.

Louie's aggression likely comes from how he was brought into this world. Louie's owners have given him a great start at life but Louie's issues are deeply imprinted, likely from when he was just a baby. Today, when I picked him up, Louie was severely aggressive....but once I could take the leash and subdue his aggression, he immediately tucked his tail in intense fear - you see, all of his aggression was used to scare people away.....and it worked! But underneath it all, Louie's defensiveness stemmed from complete and utter terror of the outside world.

I loaded Louie into the dog mobile and headed for the ranch. On the car ride home, he started to relax. He was grateful for the quick spritz of water I gave him to cool him off and by the time we got to the house, it was all kisses and cuddles. Louie is now hanging out in the living room, enjoying the air conditioning....and instead of going ballistic, he wags his tail every time he sees me.

Keep a look out for Louie's video. We are excited to see his transformation from a scared pup to a confident, social butterfly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home