Monday, March 2, 2009

Yahoo goes to the drug store...Longs Drug - Market Street









I am beginning my "Adventures of Yahoo" blog with one of my favorite places to take Yahoo, Longs Drug on Market and 6th.

Longs opened about a year ago. Until then, all of us living downtown had to go to Ralphs or Albertsons for any supplies. Since I was living right in the middle of them both, I was excited to have a place a few short blocks away from me open.

I used to do what most of us do and tie Yahoo up outside of the store while I "ran in" for a few things. Like most of us, I don't like leaving my dog unattended outside. One day, the security guard at Longs invited Yahoo in with me. Since then, Longs on Market has turned into my favorite store.

Everyone that works in this store is dog friendly. They really enjoy their customers and their dogs. Some smart Manager realized that it was a good business decision to embrace downtown's love of dogs rather than fight it.

Now I make Longs a regular stop on our walks. Yahoo loves going into Longs. They used to give out treats to the dogs. Now they just give out "pets" but that is OK with Yahoo and me. Sometime I get dirty looks from people in the store, especially out-of- towners. Most people in the stores just smile and pet Yahoo.

All I know is that Longs on Market has won my business by being one of the most dog friendly places to shop in San Diego!

Longs Drug
(619) 234-5900 - 645 Market St, San Diego, CA

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home