Monday, April 14, 2008

Meet Baby Boy!





Early last week I received a phone call from Deaf Dane Rescue in Oregon asking if I might be able to help with the transport of a rescue puppy up to Oregon. I have a deaf great dane of my own, as well as a deaf and blind mini dachshund, so of course I said yes, and plans were made to start the journey on Saturday, April 19th. A day or so later I got another phone call asking me if perhaps I might consider keeping the puppy at my house until the 19th, since his current owner wanted him gone ASAP and the rescue was worried he might get dumped at the pound. Again I said yes...I didn't want this poor pup to end up scared and alone at the shelter!


It was love at first sight when I picked up this adorable deaf and completely blind dane baby. He was born deaf and blind due to his coloring, so to him, this is how life is and he gets around just fine. He's around 6-7 months old, 100 lbs or so, and is the absolute sweetest dog I've ever met. All he wants to do is be near people - he gets so excited when he finds you and starts to whine and paw at you and give you little puppy kisses. Once he calms down, all he wants to do is lay at your feet so he knows he's near you.


The transport is still arranged for the 19th to get him up to the rescue in Oregon where he'll be put up for adoption, but I've already fallen for this sweet boy and know I'll miss him terribly when he goes. I'm glad I get to have him in my life for a little over a week though, and so far everyone who's met him feels the same. Who knows, maybe some lucky family here in San Diego will decide to adopt him and I'll get to see him again someday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home