Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Daycare September 9th

Did I ever tell you about Malden? No? Well listen here. Malden is our one and only black puggle (emphasis on the "black" part cuz lord knows we have a ton of Puggles). He has been coming to daycare and participating in the group obedience class for a while now and I feel we finally have his personality down. Its funny how with a tan puggle the personality is usually so easy to peg... a ton of crazy mixed with a handful of adorable and a pinch of sweet... but Malden is different. He is obviously adorable and definitely sweet but it seems his crazy was tainted somewhere along the line with some calm. My guess is that he got a little more pug (adorable and energetic but can have reserved moments) and a little less beagle (outgoing and crazy at all times). Sorry Chenais, I think Rocco is 80% beagle, at least!

So Malden is in the lounge today with Olive & Rocco and here is how its gone so far. I let Malden in the room and as usual, Olive goes nuts (her normal welcoming routine). She gives him a quick sniff then bolts off in circles around the room, seemingly in her own little world of exultation. Even though she comes to the Paw often, she just can not believe her luck. With each event she displays the same level of excitement, if not more. I put her in the room, "Im here!! Ahhh! Ahhh!", I bring Rocco in to see her, "Someone's here?! Someone is here!!! Ahh ahhh Aaaaahhh!", and finally in comes Malden, "What!? What?!!! Another friend for me?! This is the best day of my Liiiiiife! AAhhh AAAAhhhh AAhh!!"

Malden's initial reaction is one of excitement (not matching Olives, but who could). He says hi to his friends and starts up play time, running around with the rest of them, tumbling and wrestling his heart away. This is what Id deem his beagle moment; he is playful and barky and just generally Mr. Fun. Fast forward an hour and what do I see? Olive running around in circles, Rocco chasing her, and Malden laying Sphinx style watching the show like its his favorite mid-day TV program. He is still obviously interested but manages a little down time which could only come from the Pug. All day long the two sides of him trade off, running for a while then breaking for good study session of dog behavior (we have sooooo much in common). These conflicting traits are what really interest me about my friend Malden and what inevitably make him the gorgeous, and unique all black Puggle he is.

Finally my analysis is complete. Until next time :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your description of Puggles! I have a ton of the crazy in me. My name is Mr. Puggle and I have a brand new Puggle store at www.mrpuggle.com

Tell Malden's people that they can send me a picture of her and I can put it on anything in my store for them. They can even have her name on things too!

More things will be coming. I am trying to finish my holiday cards now.

I really like your writing style. Very entertaining and witty.

Take care! Bark snort bark, Mr. Puggle.

September 9, 2008 at 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home