Thursday, August 14, 2008

Daycare August 14th


If you have been to the Paw anytime in the last few months, you would have seen that we have been looking after a few horses - or so they've been named by many an onlooker. One after another we hear the same astonishing comment "Oh my! Those are the biggest dogs I've ever seen!" Without even an upward glance we know they must be referring to none other than Drake and Raisen, Great Danes and definitely great dogs. I hadn't spent a lot of time around a giant breed before I met these two so I had no idea what I was in for. I, for some reason, expected them to be kind of like dinosaurs, taking measured steps and moving slowly because of all that body mass. Boy, was I exactly wrong wrong wrong. Though Raisen looks stoic and reserved in the first picture, he and his "brother" spend most of their time in positions more like the second picture. They run, they tumble, they wrestle, they jump, and they lean.

(Leaning is a funny little trick I have only seen the Danes do. Its great when you're in the mood for a little extra love and affection, but unless your used to bench pressing over 100lbs, it can also be the Danes way of playing bowling for humans so watch out!)

Through my days with Raisen and Drake, I have learned that Great Danes are very loving, very loyal, very active, very clumsy, and very affectionate. I would'nt be able to tell you if all Danes were this way or if these two are simply a product of responsible training but after doing a little background check on the breed I am convinced more of the former. They will get slobber on your shirt, they will accidentally step on your foot, and they will most likely disregard their size in an attempt to be a lap dog but it's all worth it. They will also love you forever (click here for theme song to this section), they will relieve you of all the food you don't like, they will cuddle with you at night, they will absolutely miss you when you leave. What more could you need?

Raisen and Drake are here every day so check them out on the webcams right now! Maybe you'll get lucky and see them bowl a strike. :)


Also, the rambunctious puppy that is keeping the boys so entertained in picture #2 is Lilly. She is up for adoption and waiting for you to come take her to her new home! Hurry Up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home